Monday, 31 October 2011

Mermaid Art Doll project #6 - Possible breakthrough for her face

Now I haven't forgotten my mermaid doll but I have been struggling to get her face right. I have tried a load of the types of faces suggested by doll sites but I just can't seem to get the knack right. I am hoping that the next attempt will prove sucessful enough for me to finish her.

I have purchased a tube of Dylon image maker with the hope of sucessfully transfering a face design to fabric. I have used thE image on the right as I want to do her hair myself and last night I printed it out, lathered it in transfer fluid, placed it on the fabric and left it till this morning and am praying that it works.

I have nothad much sucess with this product before and if it doesn't work then I may have to go back to the freezer paper method.


  1. good luck with the dylon! this is looking lovely x

  2. Thank you Collette. As I have posted it appears to have been a success. I just have to wait for it to dry and then see. I started the poor thing in the summer and she's been on a shelf in the workshop along with my ship of dreams ever since.